Blog 1

Good Health and Well-Being 


The third sustainable development goal is to ensure healthy living and promoting well-being to all ages around the world. It is a goal to expand life expectancy as well as to find better ways to control many communicable diseases. By 2030 it is the United Nations goal to lower the maternal mortality rates of "less the 70 maternal deaths per 100,000 live births.." (United Nations 2019). "From 2000 to 2017 data has shown that that the global maternal mortality ratio declined by 38 percent" (Unicef.org). Although that does not seem like a high percentage it does mean that there is something changing, whether it be many young girls in developing countries getting more information on contraceptives, sex education or getting a better education overall.

In South Africa we can see that the maternal mortality rate has dropped however, we can't forget how many of the young girls that give birth are living with HIV/AIDS. In Africa is this the now the leading cause of death in adolescences. The only way for this HIV/AIDS to stop spreading is to make many more aware of the issue and keep funding for aid workers to provide the care for many people in developing countries where they do not have the access to a hospital.












Maternal mortality. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://data.unicef.org/topic/maternal-health/maternal-mortality/#


United Nations. (2019). Goal 12: Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform. Retrieved from https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdg12





Comments

  1. Hello Marisa, This personal effects me because I want to be as health and well as possible. My family generation has always lived along time because of exercise and a good diet. Most people can not help the fact of the disease that are spread in there country. This is why I support the funding to help South Africa and the people in need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marisa, I agree that good health and well being is one of the most important factors in someones life. It is scary to look at the chart you provided and see the extreme differences in mortality ratios across the world. West and Central Africa has numbers that exceed 50 times more than that of the U.S. Hopefully these rates continue to decline in the next couple decades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Marisa,
    I like how you showed representation of material mortality ratio through the chart, it gave a visual understanding over the subject. I agree that there needs to be more funding for countries with these issues, and guidance for those that cannot afford access to contraceptives and medical help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marisa, I loved your posts because this is the one I chose to do as well. I can definitely agree with you that health and well-being is very vital to the way we live and our way of life. I also really enjoyed that you inserted a chart showing how it was declining in certain countries. I also liked how you discussed funding and how there has to be a change with that as well before we can access certain preventative methods that we may need.

    Best Regards,

    Lauryn Jones

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marisa, your blog is very interesting because not only did you provided it with statistic facts but you also included a graph to illustrate the number of mortality rates has changed over time. It is a great start that the mortality rate is decreasing. I like your post because you summarized your points in a simple term for the audience to understand the problem that you are addressing. I am also covering this sustainable development goal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 6

Blog 2

Blog 4